What is UK2Abroad?
What does UK2Abroad offer?
- A UK2Abroad Global SIM card can be used almost anywhere in the world, including the USA, for making/receiving calls, and sending/receiving text messages, at a fraction of the cost of using your UK mobile
- Additionally for travellers to the USA who need a large data bundle, our unique US SIM product combines a local US SIM with UK2Abroad credit for low cost calls and data at 3G speeds across the USA
- Our unique Keep Your Number™ service allows you to receive calls on your regular UK mobile number wherever you travel, meaning keeping in touch is cheaper and easier than ever
- Micro SIMs are available for iPhone 4+, Lumia users etc.
- Great savings for occasional travellers and invaluable for business users alike
It's easy to set up and manage your account when you're abroad and you will really notice the difference on your phone bill. If you want any assistance selecting your package or have any queries, check out our FAQs or please contact us.
Use the UK2Abroad Global SIM wherever you travel
Our unique Global SIM card will work almost anywhere in the world including the USA.
If you travel to the US and need data, also see our special US-only service below):
* Your phone connection needs to support call diverting in order to use the Keep Your Number™ feature.
Both SIMs are provided with an alternative UK number also.
And with the Global SIM number, your incoming calls will be even cheaper - even free incoming calls in many destinations.
Save on the cost of using your mobile abroad
Receiving Calls - low cost, or even free
You hand out your new Global SIM number (a UK mobile number beginning 07) to
your friends, family and colleagues and they call your on that number instead of
your normal UK number whilst you are abroad – this is the cheapest option for
you (in fact, it’ll be FREE to receive calls in over 60 destinations) and
people calling you will just pay the cost of calling a UK mobile (typically
around 17p/minute from a landline). It may be included in mobile "free minutes" - check with your mobile provider to be sure.
2. Keep Your Number™ - applies to both UK2Abroad Global SIM and US
If you need to keep receiving calls on your UK number whilst abroad, this is
the option for you. All you need is a phone that supports call diverting (all
pay monthly and some pay as you go tariffs do).
The setup process is simple: you divert your UK mobile phone to a unique
standard UK landline number before you leave the UK.
The cost of the divert should be included in “free minutes” or, if not, charged
as a standard UK landline call. Once the divert is active, we send your call
from the UK to your UK2Abroad SIM wherever you are using
our leading-edge routing technologies. You get greatly reduced costs with no
compromise on quality.
Using the Keep Your Number™ feature you can even divert all your phones (home, office, mobile) through to your UK2Abroad SIM so you never miss an important call.
See the Rates page for full rate details
Making Calls - great rates at all times
Making calls are at great rates too. Just dial direct from the Global SIM card; or use our quick and easy access number function for US SIM cards. Easy to follow instructions are supplied with all our packages.
What do I need in order to use UK2Abroad?
You need an unlocked phone and if you want to use our Keep Your Number™ feature, you will also need a phone package that supports call diverting (all UK pay-monthly contracts do).
To see if your phone is unlocked, try putting a SIM from another network into your phone. If it works, then you're good to go. If not, then you just need to unlock your phone - this is very easy and can often be done instantly online. Just contact us if you need a hand with this.
For the Keep Your Number™ feature, your UK phone plan needs to support call diverting. Most UK contracts support this. This is completely optional as each SIM is provided with a dedicated UK number also.
To see if your phone supports call diverting, try this test, which will
temporarily divert your mobile onto your landline:
- On your mobile, enter **21*your home phone number# into your phone and press "send"
or green button
- You should see "please wait" then "divert successful" on your screen
- Now try calling your mobile number (from your mobile phone or any other number).
Your home phone should ring
- To cancel press ##21# then "send" or green button
Why do I need UK2Abroad?
When you take your mobile abroad, your phone ‘roams’ onto a local mobile network in that country. This allows you to continue using your mobile as you would in the UK, but your network operator charges you extortionate rates to receive and make calls, send texts and pick up voicemails.
With UK2Abroad you avoid mobile roaming charges. Without UK2Abroad your call charges abroad could be as much as 10 times more than in the UK, which is where UK2Abroad comes in to save you money.
Questions for us?
If you want any assistance selecting your package or have any queries, check out
our FAQs or please contact us.